Saturday, February 23, 2013

Devil May Cry - Sherrilyn Kenyon (Dark Hunter #12)

Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #12)Devil May Cry by Sherrilyn Kenyon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As an ancient Sumerian god, Sin was one of the most powerful among his pantheon.  . . Until the night Artemis brutally stole his godhood and left him for dead. For millennia, this ex-god turned Dark-Hunter has dreamed only of regaining his powers and seeking revenge on Artemis. If only life were that simple.
 
Unfortunately he has bigger fish--or in Sin's case--demons, to fry. The lethal gallu that were buried by his pantheon are now stirring and they are hungry for human flesh. Their goal is to destroy mankind and anyone else who gets in their way.  Sin is the only one who can stop them--that is if a certain woman doesn't kill him first. Unfortunately, Sin discovers that now he must rely on her or witness an annihilation of biblical proportions.  

Enemies have always made strange bedfellows, but never more so than when the fate of the world hangs in the balance. Now a man who knows only betrayal must trust the one person most likely to hand him to the demons. Artemis may have stolen his godhood, but this one has stolen his heart. The only question is will she keep it or feed it to the ones who want him dead?

When I started reading the Dark Hunter Books, I vowed that I wouldn't do anything stupid that would spoil my wonderful journey reading through this series. We all know what happened with that-- few days in and I've joined a DH/SK group on Goodreads and have browsed through SK's website. The one of the biggest spoiler I've "accidentally" read was about Katra's parentage.

While I love almost all things Viking, I didn't completely fell in love with Wulf and Cassandra's story. But Katra was a character I immediately thought I should look forward to.
Fast forward to this book, finally, it's time Kat had her HEA. And boy was it an HEA of epic proportions. In a gist: she gets to save the world from destruction, she gets her man (her one and only, literally) and at last she meets her father.
Overall, I like Kat because she is an embodiment of a strong female lead. She's tough, fierce and strong. She can kick evil's ass while in heels but she has compassion and righteousness that makes her an endearing character. She's a goddess inside and out.
Talking about Sin. How do I even begin? If the Dark Hunters had a betrayal hall of fame, he'd be up there in the ranks with Kyrian. He lost his family and his lost his godhood but that is just the tip of the iceberg that made him have serious trust issues. That said, I love him for it! If not for all that has happened to him he wouldn't be half as awesome a character he was.

The baddies in this book are one-up from the regular baddies in the series which actually made it a more interesting read. They make me want to tear out my hair in agitation in behalf of Sin and Kat.
Another thing that I liked in this book was the battle towards the end. It was neat to see reinforcements coming from different sources. It also brought a certain new character in my radar. I've got my eyes on you Xypher.
Lastly,


Favorite quote from the book:
“You know the incredible thing about hearts is their unbelievable capacity for forgiveness. You’d be amazed what people will overlook when they love someone." --Acheron

My reaction after I read this book:


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment