Monday, July 16, 2012

Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton



Summary over @ Goodreads

Story dragged during the early parts. I'd like to give myself a pat on the shoulder for pushing myself to read further. When the plot picked up somewhere along chapters 9 or 10-ish, I thought this book had its own charm.
Ari's (our protagonist) character development was a slow to build. I wondered sometimes if the girl had schizophrenia.One second, she was this brave chick knocking strangely clad men's head down then she suddenly freaks and breaks down for something totally unexpected. She did grew on me eventually.

Weak point? Definitely the love angle between Ari and Sebastian. Since this is going to be a series, it might have been better if the love angle was steadily built instead of dumping it on our heads.
Will I read on to the next installment? Sure, Goodreads did give the 2nd book a better rating than this one.  SPOILER ALERT! Also, the idea that the Greek goddess of wisdom is an evil bitch is quite foreign. (fun fact: Athena is one of the godesses that i actually like. So speaks the ravenclaw in me. LOL)...Yet another reason why I'm looking forward to the next book.

RATING: stars stars stars stars

No comments:

Post a Comment